2018 BOOKS I CAN'T WAIT TO READ


How is 2018 here and I haven't even gotten through a quarter of my 2017 TBR?

   Last week I decided to rearrange my bookshelves. Which is one of the craziest decision a bookworm can make. Of course, it is quite fun and you get to sit around all day sorting and, most importantly, smelling books.* BUT you also have to look at every single book you own and realize that there's so many you haven't read yet that it basically feels like, well, like you haven't read any books from your shelves actually.
   So, with a sincere apology because I will be reminding you of your own, I'm sure, scary TBR, today I'll be telling you all about the books I plan to read in 2018. (By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope it's a good one for y'all).


*seriously, if a non-bookworm would read this they might actually be traumatized by the fact that one of our activities of choice is smelling books all day



I'm gonna start with books I already have or that were published in the past but am yet to read. Now, of course, there's tones more (and when I say that, I mean it, tones as in actual weight) but I'm only mentioning some of the most important ones here.


Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) A Monster Calls

  • Strange the Dreamer: Laini Taylor is just amazing and the quotes I keep seeing from this book are just amazing and uhhh why am I so behind.
  • Origin: I mean, I grew up reading Dan Brown*. I can't stop now, can I?
  • Lord of Shadows: I KNOW. This is basically a crime. But I do have an explanation. I just wanted to read this before Queen of Air and Darkness so I don't have to suffer to much between them. So that's exactly what I'm gonna do.
  • A Monster Calls: Because, again, SO behind. How dare I even consider myself a bookworm?


*this is not ok, who lets a 10-year-old child read Angels and Demons. Mother, father, helooo, do you care?

Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1)


  • Godsgrave: I just read Nevernight and HONESTLY SO MUCH DARKNESS AND STABBING and I do need that after all of that cheesiness I've been reading lately.
  • The Raven Boys (series): Because it's everyone and their grandma's favourite and I can't seem to get on this train, but, 2018, here I come!!!
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes: I love the TV show so much (Benedict Cumberbatch hello)and I just know the books are just as good.
  • La Belle Sauvage: Can we talk about how His Dark Materials was my favourite series as a child and I STILL HAVEN'T READ THIS WHO AM I ?!?




And now for everyone's favourites: new releases. Oh yeah, you know, those things that you absolutely can't touch because you aren't done with the old releases but they sound SO gooooood and there's SO many of them and ...just, how is one to help one's self?


The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) Spinning Silver


  • The Cruel Prince: Have you seen the reviews for this? Because I have. And I do trust my fellow bookworms and I also do trust Holly Black.
  • Queen of Air and Darkness: I literally waited to read Lord of Shadows just to be as ready for this as I can so it better be good (hahahahaha it's gonna be perfect we all know that).
  • Obsidio: I am NOT ready for this after the trauma that is Gemina but, oh well, here it is, on my TBR.
  • Spinning Silver: Have I ever mentioned how much I loved Uprooted?? Because I TOTALLY DID. Ergo, Spinning Silver is a priority.

Save the Date A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) A Thousand Perfect Notes Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)


  • Save the Date: How did I not know Morgan Matson a.k.a. MY FAVE CONTERMPORARY AUTHOR*was publishing a new book?? I don't know, man. I need help.
  • A Court of Frost and Starlight: This is technically a novella but it's Sarah J. Maas so me needs it. Also, obviously, I'm reading the last TOG book but it doesn't even have a temporary cover yet so we'll just pretend I put it in there.
  • A Thousand Perfect Notes: I AM A BOOK BLOGGER. CAIT IS A BOOK BLOGGER. THEREFORE, I SUPPORT CAIT. THEREFORE, I FLAIL OVER CAIT'S BOOK.
  • Restore Me: Tahereh Mafi is bACK. And I couldn't be happier. The cover is beautiful, but why is it so white, where's the colours??? Is it gonna be depressing? Please NO.


*I know there's a lot of shouting in this post. I'm sorry, OK? I'm an excited person.

   Well, I certainly hope you got some new ideas or are already planning on reading some of these books. And I certainly hope you are as excited as I am about them. What is the book you're most excited about for the new year? Tell meeee.





Comments