Bookish Questions to Get to Know Us Better

Bookish Questions to Get to Know Us Better

 Heeeey you! So to start off this blog we just answered some book-related questions so you could get to know our preferences better.

1.Favourite childhood book?

Lori: Probably Matilda by Roald Dahl. I used to read it a lot, like seven times a year.
Louise: The Night of Wishes by Michael Ende. Also, it’s totally Lori writing these answes too because i just invented Louise cause i feel lonely. Ok not that bad she’s just really lazy so i’m being the best BFF ever and writing these for her. Gonna shut up now. K bye

2. What are you reading right now?

Lori: The Rose Society by Marie Lu. And a ton of other stuff (I usually read more books at a time)
Louise: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

Lori: ummm none i rarely use the library
Louise: I only got o the library because I like doing my homework there.

4. Bad book habit:

Lori: Reading too many at the same time
Louise: I start a book and never finish it.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

Lori: Emma by Jane Austen
Louise: nothing

6. Do you have an e-reader?

Lori: Nope. I prefer real books
Louise: NO

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

Lori: Usually a lot at the same time but i'd love to be able to stick to one
Louise: One book at a time

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

Lori: Since this is our first blog post...not yet
Louise: gonna go with her answer

9. Least favourite book you read this year:

Lori: This is so hard i basically love everything but I have to say The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Just not my thing.
Louise: Eleanor&Park by Rainbow Rowell. (This is where Louise start giving her own actual answers)

10. Favourite book I’ve read this year:

Lori: definitely ACOMAF by Sarah J. Maas
Louise: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. (see where we got the blog name from)

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Lori: I've been trying to read more classics and some biographies lately and really loved them
Louise: I wasn’t really into fantasy but now I’ve read some and i really liked them.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

Lori: YA Fantasy and Contemporary and any kind of romance
Louise: Romance and YA fantasy now.

13. Can you read on the bus?

Lori: Yes, I can read anywhere
Louise: no cause I get sick.

14. Favourite place to read:

Lori: In my bed or on the floor (that's not weird, right? I'm sure many people do it)
Louise: On my bed.

15. What’s your policy on book lending?

Lori: I mostly just lend my books to Luiza because I still haven't gotten my copy of Me Before You back from a "friend" (*cough cough Emma*) so i don't trust people with my books.
Louise: I don’t own many books because i usually read them online or Lori lends them to me so ya. And I only lend books to people i know take good care of them.

16. Do you dogear your books?

Lori: I don't think it's a crime so yes
Louise: Yes

17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books?

Lori: Yes. I just think that keeping them super clean does't really show your love.
Louise: no.

18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books?

Lori: I try to avoid it but it's not that easy with some paperbacks
Louise: Unfortunately yes because i like to fold my books when I read them.

19. What is your favourite language to read?

Lori: English though it's not my first language
Louise: Englishhhhh

20. What makes you love a book?

Lori: Mostly the characters and the impact they have on me
Louise: If I relate to the characters.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

Lori: If it was really inspirational to me.
Louise: If I just really loved it.

22. Favourite genre?

Lori: Fantasy
Louise: Romance because fluff

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?

Lori: Sci-fi
Louise: Contemporary

24. Favourite Biography?

Lori: Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (i know, what a surprise Louise is probably pretending i didn’t write this). I obviously read it because of the musical Hamilton but it was soooo good
Louise: I don’t read biographies

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?)

Lori: nope
Louise: no

26. Favourite Cookbook?

Lori: Mary Berry's Baking Bible
Louise: One of Jamie Olliver’s books.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

Lori: It Ends With Us be Colleen Hoover. It just opened my eyes on some important things.
Louise: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before because it inspired me to tell people about my feelings

28. Favourite reading snack?

Lori: Chocolate
Louise: Cheese Crisps

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience

Lori: The Lunar Chronicles
Louise: The Mortal Instruments

30. How often do you agree with the critics about about a book?

Lori: Very rarely. I tend to disagree witha lot of things other people say about books. I blame it on my very elevated reading taste.
Louise: Never because I have a totally different opinion from the critics, who only really look for the bad aspects of a book.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?

Lori: If I MUST say negative things about a book, I'll find a lot more positive stuff because I just can't do that to an author who has probably worked so hard on it.
Louise: If I really hated the book, it comes pretty easily

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?

Lori: German because i do know it but i'm not good enough to read full books or maybe Chinese.
Louise: Italian

33. Most intimidating book I’ve read:

Lori: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
Louise: The Good Soldier Svejk by Jaroslav Hasek

34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin:

Lori: Outlander
Louise: Lady Midnight. I know it sounds stupid but ya

35. Favourite Poet:

Lori: Pablo Neruda
Louise: Mihai Eminescu. You kno, the best romanian poet

36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time?

Lori: just one
Louise: none

37. How often do you return books to the library unread?

Lori: About half of the time
Louise: never. What’s with all the library questions

38. Favourite fictional character:

Lori: You can’t possibly make me choose. Ok, I’ll try a top 3. In no particular order: Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Kaz Brekker and Hermione Granger (special shout-out to my love Mr.Darcy).
Louise: Ron Weasley ( hey lori here just gonna add it’s because he got aut of the friendzoe)

39. Favourite fictional villain:

Lori: Oh this is gonna be so surprising…Voldemort
Louise: Maven Calore

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation:

Lori: Fluffy romances or classics.
Louise: doesn’t really matter whatever I’m reading at the moment

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading:

Lori: First 6 years of my life
Louise: 1 year

42. Name a book you could/would not finish:

Lori: The Dream Thieves
Louise: City of Lost Souls

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?

Lori: Pretty much nothing
Louise: If there’s good music in the background

44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel:

Lori: Harry Potter movies
Louise: The Hunger Games because J.Law

45. Most disappointing film adaptation:

Lori: The Golden Compass (that was my favourite book how did they ruin it)
Louise: The Fifth Wave

46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time:

Lori: Can’t really remember but I spend a lot every time
Louise: I don’t really know.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?

Lori: I’m offended now. I never do that!
Louise: Very rarely

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?

Lori: If I start skipping full pages, I’m clearly not interested enough so i just stop.
Louise: If I don’t like the characters and the plot I’ll just stop.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?

Lori: yes
Louise: yes

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?

Lori: I keep them. They’re my little babies.
Louise: I keep them

51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?

Lori: Outlader by Diana Gabaldon
Louise: City of Indra by Kendall and Kylie Jenner

52. Name a book that made you angry:

Lori: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I just wanted MORE, okay?
Louise: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. Just really annoying

53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did:

Lori: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Louise: Really hard question…ACOTAR by SJM (Lori made me read it; Lori: ya but it was really
good, right?)

54. A book I expected to like but didn’t:

Lori: Cress by Marissa Meyer
Louise: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

55. Favourite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading:

Lori: Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins
Louise: Definetly The Infernal Devices by Cassie Clare


Comments

Post a Comment