Everything Everything - Book Review

 Hey!

  So this is my first actual blog post!
  Since we decided to talk about books I figured why not start with a book review, so here you go. 

  Recently I finished reading one of the cutest romance books ever: Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. If you are the type of person that started reading romance books as their main genre, then you came to the right place. This book is just perfect for a night in, warmed by a thousand blankets and with a tea cup by your side.


Title: Everything Everything
Author: Nicola Yoon
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Publication: September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Books for          
Young Adults
Format: Hardcover, 310 pages
Rating: 5 unicorns



  Ok, I'll admit that I started reading the book because I heard about the movie and the trailer made me curious.

 With a crazy over-protective mother, Maddy's life wasn't so easy. After all she only knew two people (TWO): her mother and her nurse Carla. I know, it's ridiculous! Anyway, this seventeen year old girl was apparently allergic to the world. Her disease was "as rare as it is famous". 
  Ok and when her whole world seems to overwhelm her a boy comes in: OLLY. Yessss Olly the hot bald guy... Well I'm not gonna tell you why he's bald, so you read and find out! Moving on... Her love for him and his love for her makes Maddy do rebelious stuff such as getting out of the house despite her illness or having visitors over. 


                                                     


  This book just describes the innocence of a first love. I really liked how the characters became more complicated during the book and how unconventional it was made. It had a lot of fun pages filled with web site like pictures and dictionary definitions for teenage words (not slang).
  Maddy was an enjoyable presence from the beginning, but there were some times that i felt like i was reading about a stupid five year old not an eighteen year old. Olly, on the other hand was the usual good-boy-with-bad-boy-attitude. What I hate the most about books is that they all tell the story of a bad boy that's being changed by a good girl. Like these things don't happen in real life, they just DON'T!!! (Lori here: hmmmm louise, seems like this happened to you?)
  Maddy's mother was just annoying the whole book. All her stupid theories about how her daughter should live her life were so stupid that I just wanted to throw the book FAR FAR away (but I didn't). 
  Carla was a kind sister-like character and i really liked her, until miss overprotective mother kicked her out (#annoying).

        Over all, Everything Everything was a heart warming book. I really recommend it!

  xoxo
Louise




Comments