Lori´s Books Book Haul



How I spent all my very little money this month:

A History (or how I like to call it, a book haul)



Yes, my book haul is called Lori´s Books Book Haul because, if it wasn´t obvious, books are the things you put in a book haul and I am an unoriginal blob, thank you very much.

Unfortunately for my poor Romanian reader soul, we don´t get many books in the wilderness that is my country. I wouldn´t want you to get the wrong impression, we do have libraries and book shops but they never think about us intellectual people who cannot possibly read in Romanian, so there you go, not complete wilderness.

No no no, they never think about sad little girls like me who would really love to get ACOWAR on IT´S REALEASE DAY. So I am stuck with buying books from the few bookshops here who have YA books in English ONE MONTH AFTER THEIR RELEASE (I know, scandalous, right?) or ordering from Book Depository, who has blessed me with worldwide delivery but still REALLY LATE DELIVERY.

I shall now stop complaining because life is good, right? Life is good. The world is good. The universe is good. Everything is fine, we have books to save us all from doom.

And I shall now proceed to show you the books I got.


  • A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab I´m halfway through A Gathering of Shadows and can´t wait to get to this one
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - This was everywhere a few years ago, but I was in kindergarten a few years ago (ok, it´s not that bad; point is, I was oblivious to the magical world of books) so I´m only reading it now.
  • The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - This has some really mixed reviews but I do like the idea so I am excited to read it.
  • Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - Everyone is sying the beginning is really slow so I guess I´ll have to be patient ´till the end (yep, that´s me, totally patient and calm hahahaha)
  • Morning Star by Pierce Brown - I haven´t really gotten to the first books yet but... I have watched every Pierce Brown interview there is and I LOVE him so I can´t wait to have enough time for all the books I want to read (that´s, like, never, right?)
  • Bone Gap by Laura Ruby - This is magical realism yassss. I don´t need to say any more words.
  • Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt - Romance, Conventions and a Writer Love Interest. I don´t know about you , but to me that sounds like staying up all night (I do that with every book anyway but you get my point).  Also , I bought the last two books without knowing anything because Kyra from Blog of a Bookaholic loved them and I love her.
  • My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows - I love these authors but why do I have to write so many names??? I actually already read this and it was SO GOOD and super funny. 
  • Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken - I have started reading Passenger a few times and every time I had to stop because of school so I´m hoping this will be motivational to actually finish it.
  • Replica by Lauren Oliver - I don´t know anything about this, except you can read it from two different sides and one of the main characters is named Lyra like my Dark Materials baby Lyra Belaqcua and my daughter (unborn YET, chill) has been called Lyra since I was 10. #obsessed
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber - I am so happy I got the hardback, even though I usually only get paperbacks, because the cover is so beautiful and I GOT THE DRESS YEEEEY. I just finished it and it was MAGICAL.

   This was my first ever book haul and it feels so good I can´t wait to do more of these with LOTS of books. I know this has nothing to do with the subject, but ACOWAR is so close and who is excited? I know I am. *squealing for the next three days*
   Someone really needs to teach me how to end these posts. I can´t do better than byeeee


Comments