Top Ten Tuesday #1

Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book



Heyyyyyy! I decided to be a part of the Top Ten Tuesday created by the wonderful book lovers over at The Broke and The Bookish. Because it´s basically combining books and lists in the greatest thing ever.
This week the topic is things that will make me instantly want to read a book.


Well, yes, ummmm, haha,  mostly everything will make me read a book but I will TRY to put that into a list of ten teeny tiny items.


1.       FAERIES/ FAE/ WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANNA CALL THEM. Gimme Gimme they´re just too good. Seriously, one cannot get enough of all the badass fae.

2.       COVERS. I didn´t want to put this on number one , but ,let´s be honest, a good cover does all the work for me. Confession time: I have many times bought books without reading the synopsis because HELLO CUTE COVERSSSS

3.       MYTHOLOGY. Any kind of it: Greek, Roman, EGYPTIAAAAAN, Indian. ANYTHING with old gods, legends, myths.

4.       HOT BUT ARROGANT BAD BOY WHO TURNS OUT TO HAVE A GOOD SIDE. Come on. I know they´re cliché, I know they´re annoying, but I also know they´re most people´s guilty pleasure. They are totally MY guilty pleasure.

5.       SMART NERDY FEMALE PROTAGONISTS. They just make me feel like we could be BFFs, you know? They´re adorable AND relatable (except the part where they always get the hottest guy).

6.       SMALL TOWNS. I love it when stories take place in small towns, where everyone knows everyone. I don´t even know why, it´s just good.

7.       MORALLY QUESTIONABLE MAIN CHARACTERS. It´s soooo interesting to be in a villan´s (not really villan, just makes some bad decisions) head. I love them so much and how they are actually fluffy cinnamon rolls on the inside yaaaaaaaas.

8.   MAGIC. I think this is a given but it had to be on the list anyway. All kinds of magic are awesome: wand kind of magic, elemental kind of magic, words kind of magic. AHHHHHHHHH the best.

9.       HATE-TURNED-LOVE RELATIONSHIPS. This is another guilty pleasure, but I can´t count the times I´ve stayed up all night reading one of these (including last night, oh and the night before, and the one before it; I´m on spring break I CAN DO THAT OKAY?).

10.   AUTO-READ AUTHORS. Sarah J. Maas, Leigh Bardugo, Kasie West, Morgan Matson and A LOT more. I obviously want them ALLLLLL.







Comments

  1. Morally questionable main characters are some of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment