Book slumps and why they are an actual curse on humanity


   

If you've never had a book slump, are you really a bookworm?

   I'd love to be able to answer this with a certain no, but there might be some incredible people out there who have managed to live the bookish life without having to face the dreaded book slump. If so, I would very much like to meet these people and steal their secrets or potions or whatever black magic they might be using. Because I have a confession to make: for the past 5 months (give or take) I've had a rare case of book slump, which only applies to certain genres. And so, I've been over here, stuck reading only the fluffiest and cheesiest romances I could find, because my brain just wouldn't let my get through more than 10 pages of fantasy or sci-fi. 

   And so I thought: what is the point of blogging about books when I'm not reading enough books? (seriously, it's so hard living with myself, constantly talking myself out of things). But I'm baaaack!! And I'm not making any promises, because I've made them before and how did that work out (spoiler: it didn't work out), but I'll try to be "back" for a while. So for my "hey I'm alive" post i thought I'd tell you people all about the horrors of book slumps. 

 THE REGRET


   I can't even tell you how how much regret I've felt over the last months. Everyone is reading all of the new releases and I'm over here like: 


   JUST WAIT FOR ME PEOPLE (please)!! I'm just one tortured soul, you can't keep reading that fast. If only you would slow down a little, so I wouldn't have to feel so behind all the time. It really hurts to look around the internet and see all of your favourite bloggers posting reviews of books you've tried o read (I promise I tried, when have I ever lied to you?*). It's as if the world is moving on without you and how could that ever be possible? No, my friends, I'm telling you there is no such thing. If I'm in a slump, all humans must be in a slump (Haha just kidding...I dont't have that kind of power. Yet.) 


*maybe that one time you said you would blog regularly, idk tho just maybe

THE TBR

   I tried to write "The TBR grows and grows", but instead it came out as "The TBR grows and growls" and I realized that actually fit so much better. I'm certain my TBR shelf (which is basically my entire bookshelf let's be honest) has been making some really interesting growly noises in the past few months. Seriously, when I walk past it I'm afraid to even look at it. Because, even though I'm not reading books, I'm still buying books. And so my TBR has become taller than me and definitely scarier then me.

   BUT all of my problems will soon be solved, because this horrible book slump has finally flown away to torture some other poor bookworm. SO I AM FREE!! And I'm ready to catch up with the bookish world, the blogging world and, most importantly, MY TBR.

   Also if anyone was wondering, the book that got me out of the book slump was *gasp* TOWER OF DAWN by Sarah J. Maas (no one was expecting that clearly, it's not like I live for her books or anything).

   I promise I'll be blogging more so if you wanna stick around I would really appreciate it. *hugs you* Byeee.





Comments